Does a cold climate make your skin shiver?
Many find themselves wishing for warmer weather during a seasonal spell.
But you don’t just want to bask in the sun. You want a balmy breeze that carries with it an enriching cultural experience.
And when you’re searching for that special cocktail of enchantment and excitement, there’s one destination which stands out above the rest.
You better head to Spain.
This gorgeous paradise offers a variety of tantalizing treats for those weary of winter.
Read on to discover the ins and outs of this captivating country, and how to get the most out of your visit.
Beautiful Spain: The Best Destination Europe has to Offer
A Spain vacation brings with it all the best aspects of southern Europe.
This little paradise at the end of the Iberian Peninsula tantalizes vacationers with over 3,000 hours of sunshine every year, making it one of the warmest countries on the continent.
The Mediterranean climate offers a respite of mild winters, perfect for vacationers looking to outrun harsh weather in their home country.
Besides that, Spain has an eclectic mix of terrain suitable for any type of adventurer. Climb your way through the Pyrenees Mountains, or relax on some of the picturesque beaches of the Spanish coast before chowing down on some traditional cuisine.
With all the choices to be had, it’s no wonder that Spain tourism is some of the most popular in the world.
No matter what you’re into, you’ll find it here.
Beautiful Spain: The King of Culture
Ever heard of a siesta?
Chances are you have, especially if you’ve been to Spain. The country is quite well known for their infamous noontime nap, and it’s no surprise — we’re all a little bit jealous of that one.
But the culture of Spain goes beyond the sleepy cobblestone streets of midday and luxurious café lunches lasting well into the evening.
It can trace its roots back thousands of years.
The history of Spain seeps into every facet of existence here. You can see this in the delicate Arabic tiling which still arches over the Albaicín district of Grenada, where spices and sweet teas will beckon you back to the days of Moorish rule.
Meanwhile, towering cathedrals like the Santiago de Compostela pay homage to the rich Baroque architecture favored by Catholic rulers in the 16th Century.
All this serves to both educate and fascinate visitors from all over the world.
No matter where you are in Spain, you’ll be captivated by all that your senses take in. So when exactly should you book your vacation?
Beautiful Spain: What’s Your Season?
Spain offers an abundance of different activities, and when you choose to go will depend heavily on what you want to experience while you’re there:
- Culture Buffs: Autumn is a great time to visit Spain. Holidays in September include city-wide celebrations like Día de la Mercè in Barcelona. Here you’ll catch towering human pyramids, fireworks, and all sorts of fun.
- Foodies: The Culture Trip describes spring and early fall as the best for enjoying Spanish cuisine. This is when the local produce ripens on the vine, and visitors can enjoy an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Beach Loungers: USA Today claims that spring is king for beachgoers in Spain. Summer regularly surpasses 90 degrees in some cities, making it too hot for many tourists. However, spring continues to delight with milder weather.
- Budget Travelers: Spain holidays are cheapest during the winter, when the other tourists are hiding in their home countries. But winter in Spain isn’t exactly a sad affair. You can still hit the ski slopes or enjoy attractions like Carnival while taking advantage of the lower prices in the off-season.
Beautiful Spain: 3 Places You Absolutely Can’t Miss
You’ll find bustling city streets, museums full of history, and parties you won’t ever forget in Spain. Here are three places you absolutely cannot miss:
- Granada: In Granada, you’ll find an alluring mix of Arabic and Spanish culture. Here is a place for relaxing. Take tapas or tea in an open café before strolling off to see a mosque or church.
- Barcelona: A variety of museums can be found in Barcelona. Here you can walk through quaint streets and quiet city gardens while taking in the astounding architecture that lines the city streets.
- Madrid: Madrid boasts beautiful plazas, an international atmosphere and what some argue is the best nightlife in the whole country. Head here to meet other travelers and have a good time.
Beautiful Spain: Go Ahead and Book
Spain awaits you with open arms and open café doors. Take a week or so to relax and explore the atmosphere of this one-of-a-kind nation.
The only danger in a visit to Spain?
You may find yourself never wanting to leave again.